Ontario Bus Accident Lawyer
Buses are a common site throughout California. Hundreds of thousands of commuters use buses each year to travel from place to place. Some buses provide local transit around a city and service commercial districts, while others use buses as their way to commute to and from work. Still others decide to ride on a bus as they travel out of state to see family or friends. Whatever the reason, California residents are boarding buses in large numbers every year and that is a pattern that is expected to continue in the coming years.
The majority of these citizens travel safely while aboard these buses but unfortunately, many suffer injuries each year in California bus crashes. Commonly these injuries are very serious, in part because commuters do not use seat belts while riding on most buses. With a number of bus companies servicing Ontario and California in its entirety, it may not be surprising that these bus crashes account for many injuries every year and unfortunately some might result in death. If you sustain an injury, be sure to speak with an Ontario bus crash attorney ASAP.
What Are Some Of The Common Causes Of Bus Accidents?
Bus drivers experience a lot of the same challenges as any motorist, plus a few other unique issues. Some common causes of bus crashes include:
- Driver distraction-- Motorists who pay more attention to their phones or various other electronic devices are more prone to accidents. Due to the number of passengers on buses, bus drivers also are more prone to passenger distractions than someone operating a car.
- Driver fatigue-- Much like a truck driver, bus drivers have a schedule to meet. This frequently means they work long hours without taking sufficient breaks. The loud atmosphere of a bus can also wear on a driver.
- Speeding-- To make their scheduled stops, drivers might ignore speed limits or road conditions because of inclement weather.
- Vehicle maintenance-- An improperly maintained bus can crash due to a failing part.
- Insufficient training-- Too often, drivers lack appropriate training on the safest methods for operating a bus. The absence of training or poor training can lead to a driver error that can cause a crash.
What Injuries Are Common In Bus Accidents?
As with any type of collision on Ontario roadways, the injuries from a bus accident may in part depend on the speed of travel and the size of the other vehicle or vehicles in the crash.
Las lesiones más frecuentes son:
- Fractures (broken bones) that require surgical repair
- Lesiones craneales y cerebrales
- Lesiones de espalda y cuello
- Lesiones medulares
- Cicatrices y laceraciones
- Muerte por negligencia
What Legal Rights Are Available To A Bus Accident Victim?
As a bus crash victim, the law might offer you one or more civil claims to pursue. The claims available will rely on the circumstances of a specific crash and who is at fault in the crash.
If another driver causes an accident with a bus while you are a passenger on that bus, you may have a claim against the other driver for your injuries. If the other driver does not have sufficient insurance coverage available for all of the injuries sustained in the collision or if the other motorist has no insurance available at all, you might also have a right to bring an uninsured or underinsured case against your own insurance company or the bus company itself, if there is UM coverage available.
Conductor de autobús culpable
On the other hand, if the collision is because of a negligent bus driver and you were either a bus passenger or in another vehicle, you might have a claim against the bus driver and the bus company. This holds true even if the bus owner is a municipality, like a city bus used for public transportation.
Safety Defects On A Bus
Finally, if the crash is caused by some defect in the bus itself and not by actions of any drivers, you may have a claim against the:
- fabricante del autobús
- vendedor del autobús
- propietario/operador del autobús
- anyone that performed negligent maintenance while servicing the bus
Any bus driver who is injured in a collision might also have a claim for worker's compensation for their injuries.
The possibility of so many claims makes a bus accident case complicated and complex. Often the more vehicles involved in the crash, the more complex the claim( s). This is a reason that when choosing a bus crash lawyer in Ontario, you want to select one with experience prosecuting personal injury claims.
What Do I Do After I'm Involved In A Bus Crash?
You may be shaken and in a state of shock after being involved in a bus crash. However there are a few important things that you need to do before leaving the scene.
- Llama al 911
- Obtener información de los testigos
- Buscar atención médica
- Call a bus crash attorney
How Much Can I Recoup Financially After A Bus Accident?
The amount of money you might collect after a bus crash will depend a great deal on the severity of your injuries. In general, you might recoup the costs of your:
- medical bills
- salarios perdidos
- dolor y sufrimiento
- pérdida de compañía
- pérdida de ingresos
- damages caused by permanent disability or disfigurement
Families who have lost a loved one in an Ontario bus crash may also collect for any treatment their loved one received prior to dying in addition to compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship, and various other damages. Talk to an expert Ontario bus accident attorney to learn all of your options.
Have You Been Injured In An Ontario Bus Crash?
The Ontario bus accident lawyers at First Law Group will strive to help you receive the financial recovery that you are entitled to. Bus crash damages might consist of: medical costs, disfigurement, pain and suffering, loss of normal life, loss of income, and much more. We additionally look to recover present and future expenses when representing an accident victim.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Ontario, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com