Rancho Cucamonga Bus Accident Lawyer
Have You Been Injured In A Bus Crash?
Buses are a common site throughout California. Hundreds of thousands of passengers use buses every year to travel from place to place. Some buses provide local transportation around a city and service commercial districts, while others use buses as their means to commute to and from work. Still others decide to ride on a bus as they travel out of state to see loved ones. Whatever the reason, California residents are boarding buses in large numbers each year and that is a trend that is expected to continue in the coming years.
Most of these individuals travel safely while aboard these buses but unfortunately, many sustain injuries each year in California bus crashes. Often these injuries are very significant, in part because passengers do not wear seat belts while riding on most buses. With several bus companies servicing Rancho Cucamonga and California as a whole, it may not be surprising that these bus crashes account for many injuries annually and unfortunately some might result in death. If you sustain an injury, make sure to consult with a Rancho Cucamonga bus accident lawyer ASAP.
What Are Some Of The Common Causes Of Bus Accidents?
Bus drivers encounter many of the same challenges as any motorist, plus some other unique problems. Some common causes of bus crashes include:
- Driver distraction-- Drivers that pay more attention to their phones or various other electronic devices are much more prone to crashes. Because of the number of passengers on buses, bus drivers also are more prone to passenger distractions than somebody operating a car.
- Driver fatigue-- Much like a truck driver, bus drivers have a schedule to meet. This frequently means they work long hours without taking sufficient breaks. The loud environment of a bus can also wear on a driver.
- Speeding-- To make their scheduled stops, drivers may ignore speed limits or road conditions because of inclement weather.
- Vehicle maintenance-- A poorly maintained bus can crash due to a failing component.
- Insufficient training-- Too often, drivers do not have appropriate training on the safest practices for operating a bus. The lack of training or inadequate training can cause a driver error that can result in an accident.
What Injuries Are Prevalent In Bus Accidents?
Just like any kind of collision on Rancho Cucamonga roadways, the injuries from a bus accident might partially depend on the speed of travel and the size of the other vehicle or vehicles in the crash.
The most common injuries include:
- Fracturas (huesos rotos) que requieren reparación quirúrgica
- Lesiones craneales y cerebrales
- Lesiones de espalda y cuello
- Lesiones medulares
- Cicatrices y laceraciones
- Muerte por negligencia
What Legal Rights Are Available To A Bus Accident Victim?
As a bus accident victim, the law may provide you one or more civil claims to pursue. The cases available will rely on the circumstances of a specific crash and who is at fault in the crash.
If another motorist causes a collision with a bus while you are a passenger on that bus, you may have a claim against the other driver for your injuries. If the other motorist does not have enough insurance coverage available for all of the injuries sustained in the collision or if the other driver has no insurance available at all, you may also have a right to bring an uninsured or underinsured claim against your own insurance provider or the bus company itself, if there is UM coverage available.
Conductor de autobús culpable
Alternatively, if the collision is due to a negligent bus driver and you were either a bus occupant or in another vehicle, you might have a claim against the bus driver and the bus company. This is true even if the bus owner is a municipality, like a city bus used for public transportation.
Safety Defects On A Bus
Finally, if the collision is caused by some defect in the bus itself and not through actions of any drivers, you may have a claim against the:
- fabricante del autobús
- vendedor del autobús
- propietario/operador del autobús
- anybody that performed negligent maintenance while servicing the bus
Any bus driver who is injured in a collision may also have a claim for worker's compensation for their injuries.
The possibility of so many claims makes a bus crash case complicated and complex. Often the more vehicles involved in the crash, the more complicated the case( s). This is a reason that when selecting a bus accident lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga, you want to select one with experience prosecuting personal injury cases.
What Do I Do After I'm Involved In A Bus Crash?
You may be shaken and in a state of shock after being involved in a bus crash. However there are a few important things that you need to do before leaving the scene.
- Llama al 911
- Obtener información de los testigos
- Buscar atención médica
- Contact a bus crash attorney
How Much Can I Recoup Financially After A Bus Accident?
The amount of money you might receive after a bus accident will depend a lot on the severity of your injuries. Generally, you may recoup the costs of your:
- medical bills
- salarios perdidos
- dolor y sufrimiento
- pérdida de compañía
- pérdida de ingresos
- daños causados por incapacidad irreversible o desfiguración
Families that have lost a loved one in a Rancho Cucamonga bus crash might also collect for any care their loved one received prior to dying along with compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of companionship, and various other damages. Speak with an experienced Rancho Cucamonga bus accident lawyer to learn all of your options.
Have You Been Hurt In A Rancho Cucamonga Bus Crash?
The Rancho Cucamonga bus accident lawyers at First Law Group will strive to help you get the financial recovery that you deserve. Bus crash damages may consist of: medical costs, disfigurement, pain and suffering, loss of normal life, loss of income, and much more. We also seek to recover present and future expenses when representing an accident victim.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Rancho Cucamonga, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com