Fontana Scooter Accident Lawyer
Tons of Californians are looking to make environmentally friendly shifts in their everyday lives. When you merge a green change with the ability to reduce and do away with car payments or public transit expenses, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Fontana.
Scooter riders need to know their rights on and off the street. If you're curious concerning your legal options after a scooter accident in Fontana, you will want to understand a few key points. You can start by calling the Fontana scooter accident lawyers at First Law Group.
Causes Of Fontana Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list every single possible cause for a scooter accident. If you were hurt while operating a scooter, contact our Fontana scooter accident attorneys regardless of the reason (or apparent reason). With that said, the cause of a scooter accident can have an impact on an accident case.
Plenty of things can result in scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings happen when a vehicle operator or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an oncoming scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a motorist changes lanes, they might fail to observe someone riding a scooter, especially since they're using considerably smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- but changing lanes or swerving has the potential to lead to a collision.
- Failure to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders often suffer injuries because of a driver failing to yield the right of way. Drivers of passenger vehicles tend to detect other cars and trucks, and occasionally fail to keep a lookout for smaller vehicles when driving.
I Was In A Scooter Accident, And I Don’t Know Who To Hold Liable
No one can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident prior to knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Fontana scooter accident lawyers thoroughly examine our clients' cases.
Nevertheless, we find that scooter accident responsibility has a tendency to come down to one of three common parties. Remember that these are far from the only possible defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most frequently:
- Another driver-- A lot of scooterists are struck by other drivers on the road. Whether they were driving a car, a semi-truck, or some kind of specialized vehicle, he or she could be held responsible for your accident. When careless motorists cause accidents, injured scooterists can hold those drivers responsible.
- The scooter company-- A great deal of the general public doesn't think of this when they think of accident liability, however the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some might disregard expensive malfunctions or wear concerns in favor of keeping scooters in service and generating income for them.
- The city-- Sometimes, we can even hold the city responsible for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can often trace the accident's source back to maintenance or defect issues (like a construction hazard or other road problems).
Recouping Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a claim, you do so to receive damages. This compensation should make up the harms (and costs) caused by your crash.
Our team, for example, helps scooterists recuperate damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses-- Including those for emergency transport, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages makeup exceptional psychological or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of income or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims may temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a living after their experiences; sometimes, a crash can even permanently affect someone's earning potential for the rest of their life. When this occurs, scooter accident victims can pursue compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Help Your Claim
In some cases, Fontana scooter accident victims can record some evidence at the scene of the crash. This is not always the case: Lots of accident survivors are too seriously injured to gather information.
If this describes you, don't worry. Our scooter accident lawyers are used to it and commonly need to gather details and evidence later.
It might help your case, however, if you can:
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any other damages
- Get other drivers' and witnesses' contact information
- Acquire other motorists' license and insurance details
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Fontana Scooter Accident Lawyers Can Help
Did another driver injure you while riding an e-scooter in Fontana? Call First Law Group today.
Our Fontana scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing elements of your case
- Collect and record evidence
- Fight for your rights (in settlement negotiations, and also, if needed, in court).
We're accessible by phone at (626) 888-8264 or through our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Fontana, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com