Pomona Scooter Accident Lawyer
A lot of Californians are trying to make eco-friendly changes in their daily lives. When you merge a green change with the ability to downsize and eliminate car payments or public transit expenses, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Pomona.
Scooter riders need to know their rights on and off the road. If you're curious regarding your legal options following a scooter accident in Pomona, you will want to know a few key points. You can start by calling the Pomona scooter accident lawyers at First Law Group.
Causes Of Pomona Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list each and every potential reason for a scooter accident. If you were injured while operating a scooter, call our Pomona scooter accident attorneys regardless of the cause (or apparent reason). With that said, the cause of a scooter accident can have an effect on an accident claim.
Lots of things can result in scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings occur when a vehicle operator or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an oncoming scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a driver changes lanes, they might fail to observe somebody riding a scooter, especially since they're using much smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- however changing lanes or swerving has the potential to cause a crash.
- Failure to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders usually sustain injuries due to a driver failing to yield the right of way. Drivers of passenger vehicles tend to notice other cars and trucks, and occasionally fail to keep a watch for smaller vehicles when driving.
I Was In A Scooter Accident, And I Don't Understand Who To Hold Liable
No one can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident prior to knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Pomona scooter accident attorneys carefully investigate our clients' claims.
However, we find that scooter accident responsibility tends to come down to one of three common parties. Keep in mind that these are far from the only potential defendants in a scooter accident case.
That said, we see these most commonly:
- Another motorist-- A lot of scooterists are struck by other motorists on the road. Whether they were driving a sedan, a semi-truck, or some kind of specialized vehicle, he or she could be held accountable for your accident. When careless motorists cause accidents, hurt scooterists can hold those motorists accountable.
- The scooter company-- A lot of the public does not think about this when they think about accident liability, however the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some might ignore expensive malfunctions or wear concerns in favor of keeping scooters in service and making money for them.
- The city-- Occasionally, we can even hold the city liable for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can often trace the accident's source back to maintenance or defect problems (like a construction hazard or other road defects).
Recovering Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a claim, you do so to collect damages. This compensation should make up the harms (and also costs) caused by your crash.
Our team, for example, helps scooterists recover damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical costs-- Including those for emergency transport, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages account for great emotional or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of wages or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims might temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a wage after their experiences; in some cases, a crash can even permanently alter someone's earning potential for the rest of their life. When this occurs, scooter accident victims can pursue compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Benefit Your Case
In some cases, Pomona scooter accident victims can document some evidence at the scene of the crash. This is not always the case: Lots of crash survivors are too seriously hurt to collect evidence.
If this describes you, don't worry. Our scooter accident attorneys are used to it and commonly must gather information and evidence later on.
It might help your claim, however, if you can:
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, as well as any other damage
- Collect other motorists' and witnesses' contact information
- Get other drivers' license and insurance information
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Pomona Scooter Accident Lawyer Can Help
Did another motorist injure you while riding an e-scooter in Pomona? Call First Law Group today.
Our Pomona scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing elements of your claim
- Collect and record evidence
- Fight for your rights (in settlement negotiations, and also, if needed, in court).
We're available by phone at (626) 888-8264 or via our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Pomona, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com