Rancho Cucamonga Scooter Accident Lawyer
Tons of Californians are looking to make environmentally friendly changes in their everyday lives. When you combine a green change with the ability to cut back and eliminate car payments or public transportation expenses, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Rancho Cucamonga.
Scooter riders should know their rights on and off the road. If you're curious concerning your legal options after a scooter accident in Rancho Cucamonga, you will want to understand a few key points. You can begin by calling the Rancho Cucamonga scooter accident lawyers at First Law Group.
Causes Of Rancho Cucamonga Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list each and every possible cause for a scooter accident. If you were hurt while using a scooter, contact our Rancho Cucamonga scooter accident lawyers no matter the cause (or apparent reason). With that said, the cause of a scooter accident can have an effect on an accident case.
Lots of things can cause scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings happen when a vehicle driver or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an oncoming scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a driver changes lanes, they might fail to observe someone riding a scooter, especially because they're operating considerably smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- but changing lanes or swerving has the potential to cause a crash.
- Failure to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders often suffer injuries due to a motorist failing to yield the right of way. Motorists of passenger vehicles have a tendency to observe other cars and trucks, and occasionally fail to keep a watch for smaller vehicles on the road.
I Was In A Scooter Accident, And I Don’t Know Who To Hold Liable
Nobody can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident before knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Rancho Cucamonga scooter accident attorneys thoroughly investigate our clients' cases.
Nevertheless, we find that scooter accident liability tends to come down to one of three common parties. Remember that these are far from the only potential defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most commonly:
- Another driver-- Many scooterists are struck by other drivers on the road. Whether they were driving a car, a semi-truck, or some sort of specialized vehicle, he or she could be held accountable for your accident. When irresponsible motorists cause accidents, hurt scooterists can hold those drivers responsible.
- The scooter company-- A lot of the public doesn't think about this when they consider accident liability, but the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some might ignore costly malfunctions or wear concerns in favor of keeping scooters in service and generating income for them.
- The city-- Sometimes, we can even hold the city responsible for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can usually trace the accident's cause back to maintenance or defect problems (like a construction hazard or other road defects).
Recouping Damages: What Can Hurt Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a case, you do so to collect damages. This compensation should make up for the harms (and also expenses) due to your crash.
Our team, for example, helps scooterists recuperate damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical bills-- Including those for emergency transport, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages account for exceptional psychological or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of wages or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims may temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a living after their experiences; sometimes, a crash can even permanently affect somebody's earning potential for the remainder of their life. When this happens, scooter accident victims can pursue compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Help Your Case
Sometimes, Rancho Cucamonga scooter accident victims can document some evidence at the scene of the crash. This is not always the case: Lots of accident survivors are too seriously injured to gather information.
If this describes you, don't worry. Our scooter accident attorneys are used to it and commonly have to collect information and evidence later.
It might help your claim, however, if you can:
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any other damages
- Collect other motorists' and witnesses' contact information
- Acquire other drivers' license and insurance information
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Rancho Cucamonga Scooter Accident Lawyers Can Help
Did another motorist injure you while riding an e-scooter in Rancho Cucamonga? Call First Law Group today.
Our Rancho Cucamonga scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing aspects of your claim
- Collect and record evidence
- Defend your rights (in settlement negotiations, and also, if needed, in court)
We're available by phone at (626) 888-8264 or through our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Rancho Cucamonga, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com