Rancho Cucamonga Wrongful Death Lawyer
Has A Loved One Suffered A Wrongful Death In Rancho Cucamonga?
Some of the injury claims our law firm handles involve a death caused by a negligent party. If an individual has died in an accident, the family members of the deceased are likely entitled to compensation for their terrible loss. You will need the help of an experienced Rancho Cucamonga wrongful death lawyer. The attorneys at First Law Group defend accident and injury victims and their families every day. They might be able to help you get compensation for your loss.
A wrongful death is where the negligence or recklessness of an individual or company are responsible for a fatality. The law in California recognizes that when someone's actions cost another their life, the responsible individual should be legally liable to pay damages to the victim's family members. This means that when a loved one is killed in an accident, the surviving family members might be entitled to bring a civil claim against those responsible for the accident.
Common Kinds Of Cases That Lead To Wrongful Death
Some of the most common kinds of situations that result in wrongful death are motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.
When An Automobile Accident Causes Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one to a car accident is devastating. And it can be emotionally challenging to consider what you should do next when you are so early in the mourning process. However, some people report that filing a lawsuit helped to provide peace of mind since they had one less thing to worry about. A wrongful death claim means that something is being done to get justice for a deceased family member.
A car accident that causes a wrongful death can leave a family with major stress and anxiety about paying back medical costs, handling funeral costs, and losing income from a primary provider. First Law Group can help to make sure that you get the compensation that you are entitled to for medical bills, lost earnings, loss of consortium, as well as pain and suffering.
Wrongful death because of an automobile accident can occur at the scene of the accident or later when the victim succumbs to their injuries. Although deadly motor vehicle accidents are commonly caused by drunk motorists, distracted motorists, and speeding, almost any type of car accident can lead to a deadly collision. A few of the most common injuries from motor vehicle accidents that later result in wrongful death are traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and internal injuries. If your loved one passes away from complications due to their injury, it still falls under the umbrella of wrongful death. As such, the at-fault party can still be sued for their negligence.
Wrongful Death Due To Slip And Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are rarely considered a deadly type of accident. However, this is just not accurate. Slips and falls can be deadly, especially if the head strikes the ground or another hard surface.
Slips and falls can occur practically anywhere. However, some of the most common places that slip and falls happen that qualify as wrongful deaths are grocery stores, commercial businesses, apartment complexes, parking lots, and workplaces. The way your wrongful death claim will be sought is different depending on where the accident happened. For example, cases against big commercial companies differ in their parameters and insurance policies compared to slip and fall deaths that take place at a private residence.
Slips and falls can also be fatal when they happen to an elderly person. A slip and fall can put significant strain on an older person that they may never recuperate from. When you are in the later stages of life and all of a sudden you have to be bedridden for an extended period of time, your odds of recovering fully are much slimmer. In fact, falls are the leading cause of injury-related death for adults aged 65 and older. And this number seems to be rising.
Workplace Wrongful Death
Workplace accidents that most commonly result in fatalities consist of:
- Falls from heights
- Fire and explosions
- Malfunctions or flaws with equipment
- Vehicle accidents
- Exposure to dangerous substances or environments
- Accidents caused by improper training
In these cases, identifying if there is any third-party liability for negligence depends on how the accident happened. If your loved one passed away because of negligent conduct of a worker from a different company, that worker or that other company can be held liable for damages. But, usually if a death or injury occurs at the workplace or while the worker is "on the clock", the case would fall under workers' compensation.
Wrongful Death Due To Medical Malpractice
Wrongful death due to medical malpractice is one of the more difficult case types in personal injury law. Because of this, you need to make sure you have a competent attorney on your side when you're dealing with medical malpractice of any type.
Medical malpractice that can result in a wrongful death includes:
- Early discharge from medical facility
- Wrong medication or dosage
- Surgical error
- Incorrect diagnosis or overlooked diagnosis
- Birth injury
If somebody you love died because of the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or healthcare center, call one of our medical malpractice lawyers at First Law Group as soon as possible so we can begin to investigate and develop your case.
Compensation In A Wrongful Death Case
Family members might be qualified to recoup for several types of damages and losses from a wrongful death in Rancho Cucamonga, including:
- The pain, suffering and grief of the surviving family members. There is not a harder time in life than when you lose someone you love. The feelings and pain you may experience can be unbearable. We understand that no amount of money will make you feel whole again. However, the family members have a right to a monetary recovery for the pain of going through this tragic experience.
- Funeral expenses. Almost immediately after a tragic loss, family members have to incur considerable cost for a funeral. Part of this law firm's role will be to recover expenses due to the funeral.
- Medical bills and costs. In a lot of wrongful death cases, the medical costs before passing away can be incredibly expensive. Commonly, billing may exceed several hundred thousand dollars. Our law firm will work to recover those costs from the negligent party.
- Loss of consortium. You have a right to recuperate for the loss of no longer getting to spend and enjoy time with your family member.
- Loss of the future earnings of the deceased. Commonly the family member that passed away was earning income. Family members were relying on that loved one to support the family. They have a right to recuperate that loss of future earnings. If necessary, our law firm can hire an economist to establish what amount your family member would have made during the rest of his or her life.
- Punitive damages. During a wrongful death case, lawyers will determine whether it is appropriate to request leave of Court to file a punitive damages count in the case. Punitive damages are intended to penalize the responsible party for intentional and/or outrageous conduct.
Free Wrongful Death Case Consultation
No amount of money can properly compensate an accident victim's loved ones after a fatality because of negligence or recklessness. Nevertheless, these family members deserve financial relief that is provided under local and state laws. After an accident, several families choose to talk to a wrongful death lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga to learn whether they have a case.
The type of accident can affect what means of recovery are available to a family and how soon those claims have to be pursued. For these reasons, it is a good idea to seek legal counsel immediately after a fatality.
If you think a negligent party may have caused a wrongful death of a family member in the Rancho Cucamonga area, Get in touch with us for a free wrongful death claim consultation or call (626) 888-8264 to speak with a wrongful death lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Rancho Cucamonga, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com